Club Number: 1201 District 21, Division V, Area 5
Belmont Babblers meets every Wednesday at noon in the CRD
building, 625 Fisgard Street, main level.
Word of the Day - for Toastmasters everywhere
mores (plural noun) MO-rays
'Don't judge us too much by contemporary mores, dear boy,' said Gooseneck.
Dudley Edwards, Clubbed to Death. Amazon
for more words click here
What can you expect from a meeting of Belmont Babblers?
- Members come from different culture backgrounds and age groups. They are a supportive and friendly group that has fun while being professional.
- Our 50 minute meetings have distinct sections and members
rotate between different roles each week.
- The speaker section has one or two featured speakers
who have prepared a 5-7 minute speech on just about
any topic they wish. The speech has a focus, be it body
language, vocal variety, using gestures, using persuasion,
- The table topics section is where you organize your
thoughts better and faster by giving short impromptu speeches on a given topic.
- In the evaluation section, evaluators provide oral and written feedback to help the speaker improve.
- The grammarian listens and reports interesting and inappropriate uses of grammar.
- The timer uses a stopwatch and timing lights to keep
the meeting on track, indicate speaking times and reports
- There is more to toastmasters than giving a speech; come be our Guest and experience for yourself how toastmasters can benefit you.
What is Toastmasters International?
Toastmasters International is a non-profit organization that gives its members the opportunity to develop and improve their public speaking abilities through local club meetings, training seminars and speech contests.
The mission of a Toastmasters club is to provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which every member has the opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth.
The names "Toastmasters International," "Toastmasters," and the Toastmasters International emblem are trademarks protected in the United States, Canada, and other countries where Toastmasters Clubs exist. Unauthorized use is prohibited.
Website designed by: HIDEF Productions Inc.